Recently I have come across a rather difficult but a strong character in the form of IBM-Z OS. We were working on IBM Remote Mentoring Program and initially we were supposed to work on Web 2.0 project without much of a interaction with Z-Os but things changed later and the project shifted to more of having to work on Z-Os.
The initial feel of Z-Os was rather awkward , somewhat a poor GUI which is quite unexpected today. But slowly we got a feel and now we are quite comfortable with this.
Once when I started liking it, I felt rather happy and did a more research work on this and slowly came to the conclusion that Z-OS really ROCKS MAN!!!!
I mean look at the following data:
60% of the world’s business data resides on mainframes.
The z/OS software and IBM System z server package combines to provide us the
necessary power to store and transmit large volumes of data and process that
data as required, in a timely manner.
Regarding our project we faced problems initially but with some of the coolest mentors that we had in IBM, we solved our problems. Imagine problem that we had : compiling a simple hello world program for 7 days in JCL...
But we slowly tried and got up to the standards where we needed to be.
The IBM Mainframe is absolutely a robust machine and the fact is this machine shuts down for only 6 hours in a month for maintenance purpose.... The technology is awesome and the biggest thing I came across is that IBM Mainframe jobs are mostly recession proof and are in huge demand and they require a high level of skill from engineers.
Today Mainframes have grown like never before with more commercial applications being done and stored in mainframe. These machines are quite robust and much more reliable, secured and have enormous processing capabilities. Today the companies are shifting to mainframe comuting keeping in mind the following advantages they are getting.
• Capacity
• Scalability
• Integrity and security
• Availability
• Access to large amounts of data
• Systems management
• Autonomic capabilities
I hope my present experience with mainframe is good enough at the preliminary level. We will submit our project by 15th AUGUST but I certainly hope for 'PHIR MILENGE OR MILENGE MILENGE'
This blog was initially created for myself,then for my selected group of friends, but with responsibilities , demand increasing,I have finally decided to rearrange my blog and add a bit of zeal and reality to it along with SOME TECHNICAL STUFF.....
Something I would like to share about me
- askforsubhro
- Burdwan,Howrah, Kolkata, West Bengal, India
- I like to envy because without envy you will not be able to improve yourself. I respect my friends a lot and their abilities acts as a source of inspiration for me. Someone told: ' Wiseman learns from others mistakes' My modification: ' Wiseman learns quickly and from any mistake he sees ' My ambition in life: I hope not to hurt anyone, because thats the last thing i want to do in life, hopefully if I pass by someone whom I know he/she sees me and remembers a good impression about me always.
No comments:
Post a Comment