Something I would like to share about me

My photo
Burdwan,Howrah, Kolkata, West Bengal, India
I like to envy because without envy you will not be able to improve yourself. I respect my friends a lot and their abilities acts as a source of inspiration for me. Someone told: ' Wiseman learns from others mistakes' My modification: ' Wiseman learns quickly and from any mistake he sees ' My ambition in life: I hope not to hurt anyone, because thats the last thing i want to do in life, hopefully if I pass by someone whom I know he/she sees me and remembers a good impression about me always.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

The day when I could call myself an IBM er :)

The day after CTS, part of the slot 0 process IBM came. Some say it was a cake walk for me, but trust me, i was grilled in every aspect of the interview. The day was tough for me but when they called my name finally, it was the happiest moment of my life.
People say, I am IBM-biased and a big IBM fan. I feel happy if called so, because it has been my privilege to be the IBM campus ambassador, doing projects at IBM. I have seen the best seniors from my department join IBM, so yeah why not??!!!!
But lets go through 23rd December 2010 and go through the whole experience of becoming an IBM er. Now some of us have a habit of reaching the campus venue 5-10 mins late because many companies earlier did make us wait. Unfortunately it didnot work out that day and we were caught red handed. IBM guys came 1 hour before the process and yes, it was mistake from our part to be even 5 minutes late.
Anyways the ppt started(which unlike CTS was quite boring), but for IBM you dont need these..do you?
It was followed by a quick update by the HR guy who trust me was coooooooooool!!!!!.
We then went through the aptitude test which was different from other companies(because it was developed by IBM itself) and the test was difficult for those who could crack questions and easy for those who made mistakes. The questions varied based on how you are able to answer them....in 1 word- Coolest .
If you are dong well you can feel by the difficulty of questions so I had a good test.
This was followed by a GD where the topic was-'Social network good or bad'
I wanted to say good and start the process but when 1 guy started it....I instantly went against him and started to dominate. with a few good points I virtually sailed through the GD. Then the interviews started.
I had 2 people 1 lady and another person. the lady was quite friendly but same cannot be said about the person beside her.
With a few basic questions I started off well but the more I answered the more he dug deep and asked me some questions that many won't have answered. Anyways that might have been the strategy of checking my stamina and technique of handling the situation. Tricky HR questions were also part of the process but after around 50 mins, it was finally over.
I was confident that I would sail through and when the results came I was happy.